Comforting and nourishing these cookies are a winning festive snack. The combination of the warming spices, the sweetness of the cranberries and the creaminess of dark chocolate make a great treat for you and your gut.
- 1 cup Super Berry Granola (we used Bio&Me Super Berry Granola)
- 1 cup oat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs mixed spice
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped fresh or dried cranberries
- 50g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup of nut or seed butter or combination of any nuts & seeds butter
- 4 Medjool dates soaked in boiling water for 10mins, drained & pureed to a paste (OR 1/4 cup of sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients (including date paste if using) and set aside.
- Line two baking trays with parchment.
- Fold the wet into the dry until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the dough into approx. 10-12 balls and flatten a little with the back of a spoon or your fingers. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C Fan
- Place in the pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes, checking at about 10 minutes. They should be lightly golden and still a little soft. They will firm up once cooled
- Allow to cool completely on the trays, if you can wait that long!
These cookies contain a variety of spices, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, don’t forget these all count towards your 30 plant points per week.
For more information on what 30 plant points could look like… take a look at our blog on plant points: how to get 30 a week & why.
Check out the full Bio&Me Range.