Comforting and nourishing these cookies are a winning festive snack. The combination of the warming spices, the sweetness of the cranberries and the creaminess of dark chocolate make a great treat for you and your gut.
- 1 cup Super Berry Granola (we used Bio&Me Super Berry Granola)
- 1 cup oat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs mixed spice
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped fresh or dried cranberries
- 50g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup of nut or seed butter or combination of any nuts & seeds butter
- 4 Medjool dates soaked in boiling water for 10mins, drained & pureed to a paste (OR 1/4 cup of sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients (including date paste if using) and set aside.
- Line two baking trays with parchment.
- Fold the wet into the dry until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the dough into approx. 10-12 balls and flatten a little with the back of a spoon or your fingers. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C Fan
- Place in the pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes, checking at about 10 minutes. They should be lightly golden and still a little soft. They will firm up once cooled
- Allow to cool completely on the trays, if you can wait that long!