Gut nourishing and heart-warming, these gingerbread muffins are the perfect treat to enjoy in the cold weather. A blend of nuts, fruit and spices they contain 6+ plant points and will go down a treat. What’s more, any leftover spice mix is perfect for lattes, porridge, smoothies and overnight oats. Happy baking!
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 egg
- 250ml oat/soy/almond/dairy milk
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 125ml olive oil
- 150g oat flour
- 60g ground almonds
- 130g Fruit and Nut Muesli (we used Bio&Me, which is prebiotic)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 heaped tbsp gingerbread spice mix (below)
Gingerbread Spice mix
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- Any leftover use in lattes, porridge, smoothies, overnight oats
- 4-6 tbsp extra muesli
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Fill your muffin trays with cases, either large or small. If making small you will likely get 12 muffins.
- Fold the wet into the dry and gently stir until fully combined.
- Divide the mix between the muffin cases, sprinkle with extra muesli and place in the pre heated oven for 20-25 mins, checking at about 20 mins with a skewer. If it comes out clean they are ready, if not give them a few more minutes.
- When they are ready remove from the oven and allow to cool in the trays for 5-10 mins before removing. Tuck in and enjoy!
Check out the full Bio&Me Range.