Try this recipe with 3 different types of plants plus a secret fermented flavour. Like avo toast? You’ll love this.
- 100g broad beans, cooked
- 20g artichoke hearts (from a jar)
- 1 clove garlic
- 10g parmesan, or a vegan alternative
- 10g rocket
- juice & zest of ¼ lemon
- 25ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices sourdough, or any other bread
- 1-2 tbsp mixed seeds (e.g. pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- pinch of chilli flakes, optional
- In a food processor, blitz together the rocket, artichoke, garlic, parmesan, 25g of the broad beans, lemon zest and juice along with the extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- After the first blitz, add the remaining broad beans and pulse a few times - you want to keep some texture!
- Toast your sourdough or bread of choice, then spoon on the bean mix and sprinkle with the mixed seeds and chilli flakes, if using.