A speedy lunch or dinner, packed full of flavour and veggies with 10 plant points! Deliciously diverse and so simple to make.
For the salad
- 200g whole grain barley, cooked
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, halved
- 175g butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g cashews
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes
- 40g dried cranberries
- 30g fresh mint leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly shaved
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp vinegar of choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 350 F fan. Cube the butternut squash and rub the extra virgin olive oil into it, roast for 40 minutes in the oven or until soft and golden.
- Steam the broccoli for 6-8 minutes depending on how crunchy you like them.
- Place the cooked barley onto four plates, followed by the broccoli, red onion and roasted butternut squash.
- Sprinkle with cashews, cranberries, sunflower seeds, mint leaves and sliced radishes.
- To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust the seasoning to taste before drizzling over the salad.