These tasty super berry stuffed and baked apples are the perfect breakfast, dessert or sweet treat. Packed with plant points and full of fibre, they’re both delicious and nutritious!
- 130g no added sugar granola (we used Bio&Me Gluten Free Berry Burst Granola)
- 130g frozen summer berries mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 bramley apples (or apples of choice)
- Yoghurt (we used Bio&Me Original Gut-Loving PreBiotic Yogurt)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan/gas mark 3
- Cut the top off each apple and score all the way around the diameter of each. Using a spoon, scoop out a hollow in each apple so it's ready to stuff (you want to go in about 2 inches and across the same, but leave plenty of apple).
- In a small bowl combine the berries, granola, cinnamon, extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- Place the hollowed-out apples in a baking dish and divide the stuffing between each. It's ok for you to top the apples with the stuffing as well as sprinkling any left around the apples.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30 mins.
- Remove the baked apples fromthe oven and allow to cool a little before serving with no added sugar plain yoghurt (we used Bio&Me Original Gut-Loving Prebiotic Yoghurt).
We’ve all heard of the importance of getting our ‘5-a-day’ — and it can be a good place to start — but in truth it is a little outdated as it totally ignores the 40 trillion microbes living in our gut, which all need different types of plant foods to flourish. Each type of bacteria (known as a strain) performs a different job, and each strain likes a different kind of plant food.
If your confused about what constitutes a plant points and how to calculate yours, check out our guide to plant points: how to get 30 a week and why?
Check out the full Bio&Me Range.