Find a better side dish than fluffy and crispy roast potatoes with rosemary and extra virgin olive oil…Add some extra veg in for diversity!
For the potatoes
- 1.5kg (3lb) potatoes
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the veg
- 350g brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 aubergine/eggplant, diced
- 1 large courgette/zucchini, sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 360F
- Boil the potatoes (floury varieties are best such as maris piper, King Edward or Desiree) until they are soft and fluffy (around 10-15mins).
- After draining shake them around in the pot to expose the fluffy edges, then drizzle 6 tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil, rosemary sprigs (or dried) and rock salt.
- Put them in the oven for 50 mins at 180C / 360F
- While the potatoes are roasting away, in a separate tray, add chopped veg (whatever you have in the fridge).
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, smoky paprika and rock salt.
- Add the veg into the oven for the final 35 mins.