This Ottolenghi inspired spicy tomatoes recipe is packed full of plant points and flavour. Hot, spicy and zesty, top with yoghurt and serve with warm wholemeal pittas for a fresh and delicious gut-nourishing lunch!
- 350g no added sugar natural yoghurt (we used Bio&Me Original Gut-Loving Yoghurt)
- 350g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 5g bunch fresh oregano, 3 sprigs left whole (leave some for serving)
- 1 lemon, finely shave 3 strips & finely grate the other ½
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Wholemeal seeded pitta or flatbreads
- 1 tsp Aleppo Chilli flakes or ½ tsp regular chilli
- The rest of the oregano sprigs
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with foil.
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, olive oil, strips of lemon zest, thyme, oregano sprigs, chilli flakes, cumin seeds, ½ tsp salt and a good grind of black pepper.
- Empty into the prepared baking tray or dish and place in the pre-heated oven for about 20 mins, or until the tomatoes have burst and juices bubbling.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, empty the pot of yogurt into a small bowl and add ½ tsp sea salt and the grated lemon zest. Stir to combine and cover. Place back into the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- When the tomatoes are ready, remove from the oven and allow to rest while you spread the yogurt onto a large plate or platter. Warm some wholemeal pitta or flatbreads.
- Top the yogurt with the tomatoes, sprinkle with the remaining oregano leaves and sprinkle with Aleppo or more regular chilli flakes.
Live Yogurt… Not only is it deliciously creamy, so versatile and easily accessible, but the benefits of yoghurt also go beyond the live microbes. Enjoying yoghurt regularly has been linked with better health benefits, compared to the milk it comes from (i.e. unfermented dairy).
A new systematic review analysed the results of 108 studies on yoghurt, kefir and other fermented milk products. To read the results of this review, go to our blog Live Yogurt Benefits.
Check out the full Bio&Me Range.