This deliciously diverse dish contains 8 different types of plant-based goodness, including walnuts to add that extra crunch and sweetness, and is all about satisfying your taste buds AND your gut microbes – it’s a win-win!
For the pesto
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 cups of kale
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
For the veg
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 10 new potatoes
- 2 large roasting potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1/4 red cabbage, cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, sliced lengthways
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced lengthways
- handful of walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- First, parboil the roasting potatoes in a saucepan of water on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto by combining all of the pesto ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth.
- Drain the roasting potatoes and place in a large roasting dish along with the sweet potatoes, new potatoes, red cabbage, parsnips and carrots.
- Pour the pesto onto the vegetables and mix well so everything is evenly coated.
- Place the dish into the oven for 45-50 minutes, until cooked.
- Top with crushed walnuts and serve.