Inspired by Japanese norimaki sushi, where rice and fillings are placed in seaweed (nori) and rolled (maki), this recipe offers an impressive 12g of fibre per portion – that’s around four times your traditional nori roll. Spread, sprinkle, wrap and go!
- 100g smoked tofu
- 1/2 avocado (approx. 80g flesh)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp live yoghurt or vegan aioli
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp wasabi (optional)
- 40g edamame beans, fresh, tinned or frozen
- 1/2 sheet nori seaweed, crumbled (optional)
- 1 wholemeal wrap, or wrap of choice
- Cut the tofu into two 2cm-wide rectangular logs and set aside.
- Mash together the avocado, sesame seeds yoghurt, sesame oil, and wasabi (if using). Taste, and season to preference, before spreading all over the wrap. Sprinkle the edamame and crumbled nori (if using) on top.
- Lay the tofu along one side-edge of the wrap and then roll to encase it.
- Cut into five pieces, about 3cm wide, and enjoy.