Introducing this delicious live gut-loving panna cotta with mulled berry compote…
- 1 tub of live yogurt (360g) (we used Bio&Me Vanilla Yogurt)
- 200ml oat milk (or milk of choice)
- Half a vanilla pod (optional)
- ¾ tsp Agar Agar flakes (readily available)
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 400g frozen mixed berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 pieces of peel from an orange
- Juice from the orange
- 4 soft Medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the yogurt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small pan add the milk and seeds from ½ a vanilla pod. Sprinkle with the agar agar flakes. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 1 minute, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before slowly pouring into the yoghurt whisking continuously, until combine.
- Pour the mixture into 6 small moulds, teacups or glasses and place in the fridge to set.
- To make the compote add all the ingredients to a pan and heat gentle stirring occasionally. Cook until bubbling and all the fruit is soft and syrupy. Cover the pan and set aside to cool and let flavours infuse. The panna cotta will take a few hours to set or can be left overnight.
- Serve the panna cotta with a few spoonfuls of compote. Any left-over compote can be stored in a jar in the fridge and served with yogurt and granola, or porridge bowls for breakfast or snack.