Kimchi…It’s safe to say we’re a fan. In fact, we love most fermented foods, not only because they’re delicious but because they are a powerhouse when it comes to the beneficial bacteria for your gut. These pancakes are full of veggies and are the perfect fridge raid meal.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¾ cup chopped kimchi
- ½ cup room temperature water
- ½ cup kimchi juice
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- 200g finely chopped or grated mixed vegetables (carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, kale, whatever you’ve got)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp gochujang (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients emitting the kimchi and spring onion. Whisk together until you have a smooth pancake batter, it shouldn't be too runny.
- Add half the kimchi and sliced spring onion (keep some of the green parts to top the pancakes when serving).
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add some oil. When the oil is hot, add a ladle of the pancake batter.
- Leave to cook for a couple of mins. Add the remaining kimchi. When the top is dry, flip the pancake for 30 secs. Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with the remaining kimchi.
If you would like to try making your own kimchi, we have a recipe to get you started.