A gut-loving twist on the classic fruit and nut tiffin. These delicious little chocolate bites contain 5 different plant-based foods to keep your gut and your tastebuds all loved up.
- 100g 70% dark chocolate (or cocoa powder)
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 dates, chopped (mix with 130ml boiling water to make a paste)
- 2tbsp peanut butter
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g macadamia nuts, chopped
- Rose petals (optional) OR fresh cranberries on top
- To make the base, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30-60s and then mix together with the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, peanut butter and vanilla until it becomes a smooth and creamy consistency. If you’re using cocoa powder instead of chocolate, stir this in at the end.
- Add the chocolate mixture to a large bowl and then stir in the cranberries, hazelnuts and macadamia nuts.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch square pan, lined with baking paper. If you’re using rose petals, scatter these over the top now. Let the mixture set in the fridge for 2 hours, or to speed it up leave it in the freezer for 1 hour.