These little guys are such a great way to celebrate – and let your gut microbes in on the fun too with 4 plant points!
- A small silicone egg mould (about the size of a mini egg!)
- 50g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Option 1: 3 tbsp almond butter & 3 dates
- Option 2: 35g raspberries & 30g live thick yoghurt
- Melt the dark chocolate in a large bowl over a saucepan, or in the microwave.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the extra virgin olive oil until smooth.
- Spoon ½ tsp of the chocolate mixture into each egg mould and gently shake until all sides are evenly coated. Place in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- Option 1: Blitz the dates until they’re a gooey consistency, then add in half of the almond butter and blitz again, adding a splash of milk of choice if it's too thick - it should be a paste consistency. Option 2: Mash the raspberries and mix with yoghurt.
- Take the chocolate out of the freezer and spoon a ¼ tsp of your filling into each egg half (along with any remaining almond butter in the almond & dates filling), then place back in the freezer and leave to set for 30 minutes.
- Pop the egg halves out of their moulds and stick two halves together by gently running your finger along the edge of the egg so it melts slightly. Push the two halves together and place the whole eggs back in the freezer until you want to eat them.