A killer combination of plants – roasted butternut squash, red peppers, garlic and a sprinkling of herbs on two slices of thick wholegrain seedy bread.
- 2 slices of thick wholegrain seedy bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 250g butternut squash, cubed (pre-chopped from the shop works!)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 60g roasted red peppers
- 35g feta cheese
- 4 tbsp thick Greek or live yoghurt
- 20g mixed salad leaves
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt & pepper (to taste)
- a handful of mixed seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F and line a baking tray with foil.
- Add the cubed squash and whole peeled garlic cloves and then drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and dried herbs. Roast for 20-25 minutes until both are soft and golden. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Blend the roasted garlic with the feta and yoghurt in a food processor. Pulse a few times until combined, so it’s spreadable but still has some texture.
- Spread a layer of the feta mix onto the bread (toasted if you like). Top with a handful of rocket, balsamic, a large spoonful of roasted butternut squash, the roasted red peppers and a sprinkle of mixed seeds.