I love making my own kefir at home and love seeing my kefir grains going to new homes too! There are so many delicious ways you can enjoy it, so time to get experimenting (especially if you’re not quite there with the taste yet… just like wine, you’ll come to love it)
Very Berry Kefir Smoothie (dairy kefir)
- 1 frozen banana
- 250ml dairy kefir
- 100g frozen mixed berries
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and buzz until smooth
- Top with granola if you like
Elderflower Kefir Cocktail (water kefir)
- 1 shot of gin (25ml)
- 20ml elderflower cordial
- A few slices of cucumber
- A few ice cubes & mint leaves
- Mix together in a glass, fill to the top with water kefir, add some extra slices of cucumber and a sprig of mint
How to use kefir
5 ways to use kefir:
1. Add to a smoothie or lassi with extra greens and fruits.
2. Make a creamy salad dressing.
3. Ferment your overnight oats – recipe in my book, link in my bio.
4. Freeze as homemade ice cream or lollies.
5. Swap in as a mixer for a refreshing summer cocktail. No one said gin was off the menu…